Year of Implementation: 2016-2018
INNO-DROP “INNOvation and Development in cluster excellence and cOoperative Partnerships”
The project “INNOvation and Development in cluster excellence and cOoperative Partnerships” (INNO-DROP) is based on the ambition to strengthen cluster management excellence leading to sustainable long-term cross-cluster and cross-border collaboration. The consortia is composed of four European clusters nano-, plasma technology-, sensor and membrane- and water technology integrators directly involved in two COSME funded European Strategic Cluster Partnerships (ESCPs AdPack and EnW) and each of consortia member is from different country with a different level of cluster excellence.
Different skill sets, experiences, geographical origins and cultural background will give solid bases for creation of favorable ecosystem for knowledge sharing, mentoring and collaboration among project partners, their members and ESCPs and further leverage the project activities including dissemination of its results. Within the project lifetime, the non-labeled clusters will be analysed in order to define weaknesses about their management that will be further addressed by project activities leading to bronze labeling. Also specific needs of SMEs in all clusters will be assessed resulting in implementation of services supporting the competitiveness and internationalization.
Project partners will jointly undertake a series of activities such as trainings, joint learning events, mentoring sessions, study visits and will identify the best practices, processes and tools for supporting the labeling process. The information gathered and lessons learned will lead to creation of new services for SME, project publication, new/improved mid-term cluster strategies for each partner and a separate consolidated strategy for INNO-DROP based on individual strategies that will sustain the future collaboration of all partners beyond the project period.
- O1 COORDINATE. Enhance cluster management, value-added and excellence through improved coordination
- O2 INNOVATE. Increase cluster competitiveness and the innovation and growth potential of their members
- O3 COLLABORATE. Facilitate cross-cluster learning and cross-sectoral cooperation in and beyond emerging industries
- O4 DISSEMINATE. Disseminate cluster excellence practices and results between participant clusters, their members and to wider stakeholders
- BalticNet-PlasmaTec (Germany) – Coordinator and WP2 and WP 5 leader
- Nanoprogress (Czech Republic) – WP 1 leader
- WATER SENSORS AND MEMBRANES (France) – WP3 leader
- ZINNAE (Spain) – WP4 leader
INNO-DROP work packages (WP)
Work Package 1 – Enhancement of cluster managers‘ skills towards added-value SME support services
Work Package 2 – Development of a comprehensive strategy for the cluster
Work Package 3 – Facilitating cluster cooperation and synergies on skills enhancement and strategy development
Work Package 4 – Awareness raising and dissemination of project outcomes
Work Package 5 – Project Management
For more information on INNO-DROP project, contact details of cluster management teams: